The Gavin Chronicles, September 19, 2007

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:6

Hello Everyone-

Gavin is having a great day today!! I was there with him for most of the day and into the afternoon. I gave him a little spa treatment because his skin is so dry. He really likes to be pampered. I was trying to tell him today that this would be ok til he had stinky gym socks and stinky feet then mommy wont be doing so many spa treatments anymore. He seemed to understand and I think we were on the same page.....I got that from the one eye peek that he gave me . They tried to wean him from the Fentanyl and he really was not having any part of that. I can understand that......I too would like a Fentanyl drip some days. Today they took his dose back up again with hopes of trying to wean again tomorrow. He continues on his hyperal.....the yellow bag of stuff that comes daily and provides all of the nutrients Gavin needs. He was started on 1cc of breastmilk today every 6 hours. I was able to give him his first feed......I say give....what that equates to is holding the syringe and watching it go down.....but, exciting none the less. Gavin weighed in at 1lb 7.6oz last night. He continues to put on weight at a steady rate which is fun to watch.....maybe at this rate he will be 2 lbs by the end of next week!!!

I am holding up ok today although the morning was much better for me than afternoon has been. I am finding myself quite emotional this afternoon and I am not really sure why because nothing bad has happened.

We have a church here in Castle Rock providing us with meals during this time. We are so thankful for them and their support. Such wonderful people show up daily with wonderful food and they pray with us and continue to pray for Gavin.

Keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming. The next big hurdle is to get Gavin back to Littleton Hospital here in a couple of weeks. We appreciate all of your love and continued support.

I will update again tomorrow!!!

No comments: