The Gavin Chronicles, September 18, 2007

Good Afternoon-

Just a short update today before I take off for the hospital.

Gavin is going to start his feeds again today. They will be feeding him 1cc every 6 hours to begin with. This is exciting for us and I am sure Gavin will be pretty thrilled too. They removed his replogle line today and replaced it with a gavage tube for feeding. He has been weaned from his Fentanyl drip but can still have the medication as needed for pain. He is in the final days of his antibiotics that they started last week. His settings are down on his ventilator and he is on about 30% oxygen....remember room air is 21%. They were hoping to wean him a bit further on the ventilator if possible. Gavin weighed in at 1lb 6.2oz yesterday so he is making progress.......slow but steady! He looks really good.....his skin color is fabulous and of course he is cute as a dickins with his bleach blonde hair.....not that I am proud or anything .

Colin was able to return to work yesterday and I think he is going through a bit of an adjustment having been out for a few weeks. He received an award today from Lockheed Martin for hard work and dedication to the contract. I am so very proud of him and his career accomplishments. I am glad he was able to be back to receive the award in person.

The Lord continues to bless us with strength daily. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people in our lives. In Phillipians 4:13, Paul says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This has come to be my motto the past few days. It really is true. Without my faith and support of our family and friends right now I am not sure where I would be. It is expressed nicely for me in Matthew 17:19 when Jesus says to his disciples "If you have faith like a grain of a mustard seed, you will tell this mountain to move from here to there and it will move and nothing will be impossible for you." I have seen through Gavin's eyes that truly nothing is impossible with faith and a little prayer. God has provided for us and I know that he will continue to provide for us each and every day.

Gavin has taught us to live life each day to it's fullest. I am thankful to Gavin for having shown me this lesson.

My hope, our hope, for each and every one of you is that you too live life to its fullest and strive each day to find your full potential because truly nothing is impossible.

I will update more later once I have seen my little man......I should have some pictures to share with you when I get home tonight....

Love and Peace...

No comments: