The Gavin Chronicles, September 26, 2007












Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:1-5
Good Afternoon Everyone-

I just want you to know that Gavin and I had the best afternoon today. We sat and rocked and we talked.......well I talked, he looked at me sometimes, but mostly he slept....but I am certain on some level he heard what I had to say. He held my hand tightly as we rocked and talked. He is off of all of his antibiotics as of today. His feedings are up to 4cc every 3 hours and will increase to 5cc at 11 pm tonight. He seems to be tolerating the feedings well thus far. His ventilator settings are very minimal and the doctor shared with me today that Gavin is ready to be extubated. He is ready to be off of the ventilator and put on a C-Pap. She however, is holding off on this because she wants to have him on stable respiratory support to move him back to Littleton. Currently, Gavin is rock solid stable on the ventilator. Once he is transported back Littleton staff will extubate him and migrate him to a C-Pap. He is still holding steady at 1lb 8oz and the doctor said we should begin to see some weight gain here soon. The wound team is working with Gavin to help him out with his incision. They claim that by Friday it will look remarkably better.

I want to share with you that our God is an Awesome God, not that you don't already know that. The power of prayer that I have seen working for Gavin is just simply amazing to me. God's grace is so all encompassing that some days it simply leaves me speachless. Gavin continues to gain strength and is healing more and more each day.

As of today his doctor has targeted the end of next week as a hopeful, optimistic time to have Gavin transported back. At this point in time they are waiting to see him have bowel movements out of the stoma. So today, Gavin and I had a chat about poop. I was trying to encourage him to not follow in the footsteps of his siblings but rather he could be his own person in this issue. I tried to explain to him that in the poop department Ian and Brooke just simply were not great examples to follow. He winked at me so I think he got it.....I guess time will tell.

With this in mind, getting back to the issue of prayer....I think our request for Gavin would now be prayers for healing, strength and POOP! I know it seems odd to ask God to give us poop......but I am certain he has heard much worse....right?? Please continue to keep Colin and myself and our other two kiddos in your prayers as well. Pray for us to have strength to maintain daily life while providing for Gavin as well.

Thanks again for all of your love and support. Not sure some days where we would be without it.

I have included a few new pictures from the past few days for you. In the one picture you can see Gavin now has had a good look at the ring he was holding at birth. He really clenched it this time. One of the other pictures Gavin is showing just how cute he is with his tongue sticking out and then the last picture Colin and I were playing with Dangles and Dangles wanted to play with Gavin and this picture was the result.

More updates as they come.....

No comments: