August 27, 2008

Wow! What a year!

I got in my car around 9 am to make that ever familiar drive. I knew that the roads would not be too crowded because rush hour was over. My mind was crowded though and it made the drive seem as though it took a thousand years. Flooded with emotion I turned the radio over to CD. Nothing seemed to give me comfort in that moment. I went through my checklist in my head. The house was clean. The kids were taken care of. Colin had gone to work as usual. It was me. All me. I had no idea what CD was in the player when I made the switch. Ahhhhh a good one....perhaps some peace in the moment. Ian had left his Peter Mayer CD from days previous. He is in love with Peter. We had just attended his concert at Bethany a couple weeks prior to this day. He got to meet Peter personally and really made a connection.

Ever Walk with Me Lord

Refrain
Ever walk with me Lord
Each night and day a rejoicing
With kindness the harmony, justice the beat
You've turned my footsteps to dancing
Oh Ever walk with me Lord

How can I come before You?
What worthy gift could I bring?
What glorious feast could I offer?
What songs of majesty sing?
Lift this heart of sadness into gladness by Your peace
Before I can come before You, You come to me

In my work I grow weary
Lost on this road of desires
Where is the path that leads homeward?
To bring me back to Your fire
Lift these eyes of sadness into gladness at Your peace
I am lost and weary, come shepherd me

A million voices surround me
How can I hear when You call?
When at last grace has found me Will I recognize it at all?
Lift this song of sadness into gladness at Your feast
To hear Your voice is calling, come walk with me

Refrain
Ever walk with me Lord
Each night and day a rejoicing
With kindness the harmony, justice the beat
You've turned my footsteps to dancing
Oh Ever walk with me Lord

I haven't listened to Peter since that day. Not because Peter is not an awesome singer/song writer but because Peter gave me comfort that day and his lyrics draw me to tears. I realize now that the song was written for me. There was a reason Ian had left that in the car. It spoke about me, it spoke about us and it spoke TO me and eventually, it spoke to US!

Today, as I work to complete my tasks at home in preparation for the grand celebration.....Peter will be playing! Today the song is different! Our songs of sadness have been turned to gladness....and truly our footsteps have been turned to dancing!

So, Ever Walk with Us Lord.......as we enter into a new phase of our life. Walk with us Lord as we embrace the challenges that you give us. Walk with us Lord as we learn what it is you have in store for us. Finally, Walk with us Lord as we embrace your Grace and continue dancing!

Today, one year later, I am not bedridden! I am not resting! I am dancing! Are you dancing with me?

You can check out Peter by visiting his website at www.petermayer.com. Be sure to listen to some of his sound clips.....it will make you want to have that CD!

Peace and Love-

Colin, Juanita, Ian, Brooke and Gavin

No comments: